It’s finally here!
I just came back from the cinema and thought that I really need to voice it out to everyone. Sumolah = perfect 10!! Why?
- Great cast selection.
- It’s not just the humour, the message of the movie was well-delivered.
- Not like any other malay movies.
- I love sushi!
- Afdlin was half naked. Hehe.
- Culture-educational. I learnt a bit more about the Japanese culture.
- Promoted Sumo in a good way. I never understood the spirit of Sumo. Erm, not that I wana be a Sumo wrestler. Haha.
- Mr. Akira = Winter Sonata. Yep, that’s true Ramlee! Gurmit Singh is totally different in this movie. HOT. Hehehe.
- Excellent script writing (Afdlin, Chrisoro and everyone involved)
- Varieties of emotion were in the movie: Fighting spirit, Love, Friendship, Teamwork, Honesty, Satisfaction, Pride. Yes, this movie is very honest.
People..people..people.. if you think Buli & Buli Balik were hilarious, watch Sumolah. When I laughed watching Sumolah, I really laughed out loud as if I was alone(!) in the cinema. Not because I am a ~big~ fan of Afdlin that made me give a total positive comment, because the movie is really good.
I really can’t wait to congratulate Afdlin in person, next week. My 20th May @ 3pm is booked. Fullstop.
I am ‘kodok’ed!!!!!